Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: bkube01 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121178  
Subject: Selling stock at a loss Date: 12/27/2000 8:21 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I understand that if you sell a stock at a loss that you can use that loss to offset the gain you had on another stock. Can I sell a stock and use the loss to offset ordinary income without selling a stock at a gain? Thanks!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFExRO Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 43522 of 121178
Subject: Re: Selling stock at a loss Date: 12/27/2000 9:49 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I understand that if you sell a stock at a loss that you can use that loss to offset the gain you had on another stock. Can I sell a stock and use the loss to offset ordinary income without selling a stock at a gain?

Please see this article in the FAQ: http://www.fool.com/school/taxes/2000/taxes000107.htm

TMF ExRO
Phil Marti

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement