No. of Recommendations: 0
So Ryan comes out with a tough budget, year again. Another House version is even tougher.

The Senate goes into the wee hours of the morning and into daybreak.....then they finally pass a rather embarrassing resolution that solves nothing. They add some more taxes in there, some non-binding resolutions, yet in the end it ends up laughable.

The medical device tax in the ACA? Seems a lot of folks want this tax gone. It also seems Obama will have to get the Keystone Pipeline done. Meanwhile, the ACA deficit projection will climb, and the healthcare support for veterans of the wars has not even been factored into the budget forecasts.

I'm not even sure we could afford the vouchers for Medicare in Ryan's plan.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
I'm not even sure we could afford the vouchers for Medicare in Ryan's plan.

Easy way to find out: Make every Congresscritter's healthcare dependent on being the same healthcare voucher given to the public. Then see if they vote for it or against it.
No. of Recommendations: 1
"Easy way to find out: Make every Congresscritter's healthcare dependent on being the same healthcare voucher given to the public. Then see if they vote for it or against it. "

You are talking about the political elite that you support, when you support government control over economic sectors such as healthcare.

Libs complain incessantly about lobbying, influence peddling, campaign contributions, corporate influence over legislation etc.. Well, you created a government where this kind of crap happens with your liberal/progressive policies. So, now we have political elites, crony capitalism, corruption at a level unlike any other time in history, huge debt that will bankrupt us, influence peddling and loss of freedoms that will one day come home to roost.

But libs, being in denial, will never admit to any of this.
Easy way to find out: Make every Congresscritter's healthcare dependent on being the same healthcare voucher given to the public. Then see if they vote for it or against it.

Do you honestly think they wouldn't vote for another subsidy for the rich?
No. of Recommendations: 3
"Libs complain incessantly about lobbying, influence peddling, campaign contributions, corporate influence over legislation etc.."

EVERYONE I KNOW COMPLAINS ABOUT THESE THINGS. It ins't just liberals. Or are you saying you like lobbyists, influence peddling, etc?

"Well, you created a government where this kind of crap happens with your liberal/progressive policies."

Hmmm. So, you think none of these were issues at times when conservatives were in control of government? REALLY?

"So, now we have political elites, crony capitalism, corruption at a level unlike any other time in history..."

Really? You think it is unique to the current time? You should read some history. Seriously. Take a class, maybe two.

"But libs, being in denial, will never admit to any of this."

Denial? As illustrated in your comments here? Do you ever read what you wrote before pressing the Enter key? You might want to start...
"Hmmm. So, you think none of these were issues at times when conservatives were in control of government? REALLY?
"

Conservatives are not responsible for any of the government policies that created the mess we are in today. Before you go on about Bush or other republicans that voted for X Y or Z, I said conservatives. Just because a politician calls themself a republican doesn't make them a conservative.

"Really? You think it is unique to the current time?"

In the history of America and the extent of it, absolutely. The control government has over individual lives is unprecedented in American history.
No. of Recommendations: 33
"Conservatives are not responsible for any of the government policies that created the mess we are in today."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Oh wait - you were serious???

Oh.

"

Oh wait - you were serious???

Oh.
"

Just what I expected from a light weight as yourself. You incapable of making any kind of serious argument for or against anything. Now go play with your neighborhood kids.
Just what I expected from a light weight as yourself. You incapable of making any kind of serious argument for or against anything. Now go play with your neighborhood kids.

You don't really think the neighborhood kids will play with someone who stands around laughing like a hyena...do you?
"Just what I expected from a light weight as yourself. You incapable of making any kind of serious argument for or against anything. Now go play with your neighborhood kids."

Considering that a) the completely ridiculous blanket statement you made was offered without a shred of any 'serious argument' supporting logic or evidence, and b) your typical response to any attempt at a 'serious argument' is 'ROTFLOL', I thought laughter would be easiest or you to understand.

The comment you made that absolves conservatives of any responsibility for policies that have added to our current ecomonic woes is obviously false on its face, and no one with a modicum of knowledge on either side of the aisle would ever say something so obviously wrong and unprovable about their respective sides. The nature of politics is such that both sides are responsible for many of the policies that brought us to where we are today. To pretend otherwise and imply that one side is completely blameless is so ridiculous as to not even warrant a response. It certainly leaves no room for any intelligent discussion.

You have to start out with a reasonably intelligent premise to hope for an intelligent and serious discussion.
No. of Recommendations: 3
we have political elites, crony capitalism, corruption at a level unlike any other time in history, huge debt that will bankrupt us, influence peddling and loss of freedoms that will one day come home to roost.

ROFLMAO !!

That has been happening from the beginning of time.

Your problem is you have lost control--so it is not ALL going to you. LOL !!!

being in denial, will never admit to any of this.

Typical conservative attitude....
Conservatives are not responsible for any of the government policies that created the mess we are in today. Before you go on about Bush or other republicans that voted for X Y or Z, I said conservatives.

If conservatives voted, they ARE responsible for government policies that created the mess we are in today. It doesn't matter which party they voted for.

And if conservatives did not vote, their lack of participation makes them responsible for government policies that created the mess we are in today.

Yes - Conservatives ARE responsible for many of the government policies that created the mess we are in today.
"If conservatives voted, they ARE responsible for government policies that created the mess we are in today. It doesn't matter which party they voted for.

"

You missed my point or you have read this out of context.

There is no conservative that voted for these large government programs.

For context read: "What libs and progressives alike fail to realize"
Advertisement