Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: mindbenderCA Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 221  
Subject: Senate committee invents Flubber Factor Date: 1/25/2001 11:54 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
The 'US Senate with Greenspan' show on the morning of 25 Jan 2001 was very interesting.

We appear to be at the launching of a new US lead explosion of government financial munificence based on the newly discovered financial surpluses in the federal coffers.

The fact that the overall debt of the country has increased seriously is of little concern to those who have found new economic fundamentals which make possible the invention of a new substance which will free up these huge surpluses which can be invested by the government to support economic growth.

This new economic substance I will call "Flubber Factor". It is based on the similarity that this new invention has with the substance discovered in the Disney movies; from now on the harder the economy hits bottom the higher will be the bounce under the influence of this new factor.

With careful design of financial engines this new substance can give flight to any object.

In fact, according to one of the most esteemed senators, there is so much Flubber Factor available that the Government of the United States can finance the home mortgages of all American citizens.

The excitement in the chamber was so intense one could feel it emanating out into the world at large. I could even feel it here in the remote mountain valley in Canada where I live.

It is hard it imagine where this new power will take us. With the new power plants that can be designed using the Flubber Factor not only can we expect to see flying cars, we may even be able to go to sleep at night after a week of work and, using the latest automation systems designed by American technology companies integrated into our homes, wake up in the morning to enjoy the pleasures at the tourist resort of our choice.

Invest in resort parking facilities. The return on house sized spaces is going to be better than that of the .com's.

I honestly expect the US markets to improve rapidly for a while, but what happens in the longer run once the rest of the world discovers the secret?
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Tax Strategies

TMFPMarti-Feeling Good
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement