UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: intercst Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 61266  
Subject: Senator Judd Gregg gets religion Date: 1/28/2009 1:27 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
New Hampshire's Senator Judd Gregg, a long-time Conservative Republican, has voted with Obama on 6 out of 7 votes in the Senate. Being up for election in 2 years in a state Obama won by 10 points will do that to you.

That old-time Republican trickle-down tonic just ain't selling any more.

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2009/01/fili-buster-watch.htm...

intercst
Print the post Back To Top
Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 16611 of 61266
Subject: Re: Senator Judd Gregg gets religion Date: 1/28/2009 8:38 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
those New England repubs are republican only in the party name they put down.

They are lib dems in wolf's clothing.....

You can't get elected in New England lib land unless you hold lib dem policies...like welfare state...

Most of New England is in horrible financial shape, jobs have fled, retirees have taken their pensions (often state pensions) and their 401Ks, which were never taxed by the states...and moved out en masse to more tax friendly states.

MA is sinking just as fast financially as the basket case CA.....and high energy prices made ME into a disaster area.....

Mark Levin calls them rupubelicans......sell outs to the lib dems...

t.

Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 16613 of 61266
Subject: Re: Senator Judd Gregg gets religion Date: 1/28/2009 11:28 AM
Recommendations: 0
Most of New England is in horrible financial shape

South Carolina is in worse shape than any of them. When we filed our 2007 taxes, we got a prompt refund from the Feds, but an IOU from the state. We finally got our state refund a couple of weeks ago. We're not paying them quarterlies any more--I'd rather pay a small penalty than wait months to get any excess returned to us. (We were paying high quarterlies to stay in safe harbor.)

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement