UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: GardenStateFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 884965  
Subject: Sending greeting cards Date: 1/10/2013 10:40 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
This is not for everyone, especially people who never send greeting cards and think that they contribute to the disaster that is the collective Hallmark Holidays.

For those that DO like sending cards, but are always kicking themselves for forgetting to send them, or whose relatives expect to receive greeting cards throughout the year, but you for some reason get that ohmygoshisn'tauntsoandso'sbirthdaytomorrow? feeling all the time...

... this may be for you.

(I have made this New Year's resolution for about a decade. I mess it up every year.)

It's called treat.com

https://www.treat.com/orderinfo.htm#

and I am in absolutely NO WAY affiliated with this site in any way, shape or form.

However, I find that whenever a birthday or holiday comes up, I end up buying a bunch of Hallmark cards (one from DH and me, one from each child, one because it's funny, and that one's serious, and they LOVE to get cards...) and it costs and arm and a leg.

Plus, I love to use photos in my cards and haven't always loved the options available. AND, you always have to remember to send it X days ahead of time, etc.

This site: You can completely personalize the cards for just about every occasion, add your own text, greetings, photos (or not), what have you.

And have it sent from you on your behalf on the date that you specify!

Meaning, I can set up an entire YEAR'S worth of cards RIGHT NOW and they will send them on my behalf and they will get there IN TIME and I will have remembered aunt-so-and-so's birthday and not have to have given it another thought past today!!!!

How cool is that!

And, they offer "card clubs" - 18 cards is around $36, which is not only on par with Hallmark, but it's actually better in most cases, and it's personalized from you, including photos if you want them!

This is a New Year's resolution come true for me!

GSF
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement