Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
I have fully funded a SEP for 2007. I also have a rollover IRA containing contributions from a civil service retirement plan prior to self-employment.

With no income other than pension and my own self-employment (spouse does not work), are additional contributions allowed prior to 4/15 to my existing IRA and/or a new one for my spouse? Objective is to maximize amount of untaxed contributions for the 2007 tax year as I have some spare cash.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.