UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ahoka Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75381  
Subject: SEP and Keogh Rollover? Date: 3/14/1998 11:54 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I have a SEP-IRA and Keogh to which I no longer contribute due to changes in my employment. I would like to try to consolidate these to make them easier to keep track of as I hope to get more Foolish. Does anyone know if it is possible (legal) or even advisable (especially re: the Keogh) to roll these over into a single IRA.

Thanks!!!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: gdc45 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2207 of 75381
Subject: Re: SEP and Keogh Rollover? Date: 3/15/1998 12:11 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Unless you are eligible and can take advantage of forward averaging, there is no reason I can think of for you NOT to combine the two plans.

GDC

Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2209 of 75381
Subject: Re: SEP and Keogh Rollover? Date: 3/15/1998 10:31 AM
Greetings, ahoka, and welcome.

<<I have a SEP-IRA and Keogh to which I no longer contribute due to changes in my employment. I would like to try to consolidate these to make them easier to keep track of as I hope to get more Foolish. Does anyone know if it is possible (legal) or even advisable (especially re: the Keogh) to roll these over into a single IRA.>>

It's possible and it's legal. As to the desirability of doing so, arguments can be made on either side. Personally, I would combine these monies into a single IRA for ease of management and administration. The strongest argument for NOT doing so would be to preserve the eligibility to roll the Keogh money to a future new employer's Keogh should you want to do that. That's not a big issue with me. What you should do, though, is - big surprise -- entirely up to you.

Regards…..Pixy

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement