UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: learnb4 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76075  
Subject: SEP Fund Date: 4/11/2000 2:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I have a SEP Fund from a former employer (small business). I would like to roll this over into an IRA as the fund is raising their fees. Can a SEP be rolled over into an IRA? I asked my tax person and she said to ask the fund I decide to go into but I don't want to be caught with a penalty for doing so, so ask your expertise. Thank you!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 21112 of 76075
Subject: Re: SEP Fund Date: 4/11/2000 2:25 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Greetings, Learnb4, and welcome. You asked:

<<I have a SEP Fund from a former employer (small business). I would like to roll this over into an IRA as the fund is raising their fees. Can a SEP be rolled over into an IRA? I asked my tax person and she said to ask the fund I decide to go into but I don't want to be caught with a penalty for doing so, so ask your expertise.>>

A SEP-IRA is merely a traditional IRA that has been designated as the account to receive contributions made by an employer under a SEP. Once the money is in the account, it may be treated as any other traditional IRA. That means if you wish to move that account to another IRA custodian, you may.

Regards..Pixy

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement