Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: csheets Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 120812  
Subject: SEP-IRA Date: 12/15/1997 10:54 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I have SEP-IRA account. Currently the money is invested in a couple of mutual funds, but I would like to trade them for individual stocks, and start using a strategy like Fool4 or BTD5.

(1) Can I do that? and (2) Can I trade stocks within the account each year, buying & selling according to the strategy, and still defer taxes? I would think as long as I keep the money in the account that it would be okay to do that.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFTaxes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 927 of 120812
Subject: Re: SEP-IRA Date: 12/17/1997 7:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
<<I have SEP-IRA account. Currently the money is invested in a couple of mutual funds, but I would
like to trade them for individual stocks, and start using a strategy like Fool4 or BTD5.>>

Groovie...

<< (1) Can I do that?>>

Sure...no problems. You may have to move your account with a broker (if it is not there already) in order to purchase the individual stocks in which you want to invest. But that should be your only issue. Uncle Sammy won't bother you.

<< and (2) Can I trade stocks within the account each year, buying & selling
according to the strategy, and still defer taxes? I would think as long as I keep the money in the
account that it would be okay to do that.>>

Yup...as long as the funds stay in your SEP account, your gains are deferred until you actually remove the funds.

TMF Taxes
Roy

Author: csheets Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 949 of 120812
Subject: Re: SEP-IRA Date: 12/18/1997 10:03 PM
thank you sir!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement