No. of Recommendations: 0
Was self-employed for some time in 2000, so I received a couple of 1099's that add up to about 10k. I also had a regular job for half of the year, so I received a w-2 for those earnings. MY QUESTION: Can I open up a SEP IRA to apply to year 200, and if so, for how much? Since I'm going to be self employed for 2001 and on, is this the best way to go? Thanks in advance for your answers
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.