UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: pbetz Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75792  
Subject: SEP Retirement Plan Date: 10/9/1999 12:47 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0

I have a SEP plan at work and wanted to know if it is possible to roll it over to a roth IRA if I should leave the job? Is there any way to do so if I stay? Also I have a choice of funds to choose from, can I choose to add funds outside the currant list? Thanks for the input...pete
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14335 of 75792
Subject: Re: SEP Retirement Plan Date: 10/9/1999 10:13 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Greetings, Pete, and welcome. You asked:

<<I have a SEP plan at work and wanted to know if it is possible to roll it over to a roth IRA if I should leave the job? Is there any way to do so if I stay? Also I have a choice of funds to choose from, can I choose to add funds outside the currant list? >>

A SEP-IRA is merely a name given to a traditional IRA that has been designated by an employee to receive contributions from an employer-provided SEP. The instant any contribution is deposited into the employee's account it may be treated as any other IRA money. That means you are free to transfer it to another IRA provider who has the investment you want or to convert that money to a Roth IRA. All options available to you in a traditional IRA are available to you in a SEP-IRA.

Regards..Pixy

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement