No. of Recommendations: 0
I also am a rookie fool wanting to start some retirement savings. I am self employed with no full time employees. Other than the allowed annual deposit amounts, are there any other differences/considerations between these two vehicles?

Would the SEP contributions be tax deductable from Schedule C and the IRA from the 1040?

What about the Minimum Annual Withdrawl (or whatever it is called) after a certain age? Does it apply to both?

Does a broker have to handle the same paperwork for an SEP as an IRA? Would that give more choices for brokers?

Thanks fools,
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.