UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: proton500 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1967291  
Subject: Seriously Folks Date: 7/25/2006 8:15 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
WASHINGTON -- Independent analysts say Pakistan has started work on a new reactor that could signal a major expansion of the country's nuclear weapons capabilities, The Washington Post reported.

"Pakistan's nuclear program has matured," the official told the Post. "We're now consolidating the program with further expansions." The expanded program includes "some civilian nuclear power and some military components," the official was quoted as saying.

News of the developments in Pakistan comes as Congress gets ready to take up a nuclear cooperation agreement between the Bush administration and India in which India would get access to sensitive U.S. nuclear technology in exchange for agreeing to more stringent safeguards over its civilian nuclear reactors.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/07/24/AR2006072400013.html

With Pakistan set to hold presidential and parliamentary elections in the coming year, Musharraf feels the heat to resign as commander in chief before the campaigning kicks off.

Musharraf might be forgiven for seeming too preoccupied to bother with democracy. These days it seems there's trouble everywhere he turns.
He's stationed 70,000 Pakistani soldiers in the restive tribal belt, but that hasn't stopped militants loyal to the Taliban and Osama bin Laden from taking control of four of its seven districts.

They've imposed their rigid brand of Sharia Law: holding public executions, forcing men to grow beards, and openly recruiting soldiers to fight U.S. troops next door in Afghanistan, where suicide attacks and roadside bombs have become an almost daily occurrence.

An additional 40,000 or so Pakistani troops are tied down in western Baluchistan, fighting a separate rebellion by ethnic Baluch tribesmen.
Then there's archrival India to the east, still bristling after a terrorist attack on the Mumbai rail network that killed more than 200.
If that isn't enough, Pakistan's stock market has crashed, monsoons have flooded major cities, and power shortages have thousands rioting on the streets of southern Karachi.

"I predict tremendous instability in the coming year," one Western diplomat said. "And there will be more violence."

http://abcnews.go.com/International/print?id=2229899

Pakistan will soon have the ability to make 40 nukes per year; Musharraf is desperately trying to hold onto power and bin Laden is waiting in the wings. I can imagine several scenarios where one or more nukes from Pakistan wind up in the hands of Muslim fanatics.

If, or should I say when we are at the receiving end of a nuclear attack, the bombs will probably come from Pakistan and I don't think the fool in the WH has a clue about…well anything. So if the intelligence community is reading this, yes I mean you in the NSA, the CIA, Home Land Security and anyone else who may be able to penetrate the ignorance of the neocon cabal of idiots, it falls on YOU to do something to avert this grave danger to America.

proton

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement