UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1956993  
Subject: Re: Islamofacists beware! Date: 2/10/2013 12:39 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Seriously...very friendly people too. Go to a local authentic kabab place on a weekday and see how easy it is to strike up a conversation with this crowd. See the warmth, hospitality and sense of humor.

We can't be insulated Bay Area Grunt Bigots and use tiny percentages to paint an entire civilization.

JediG

Tribalism is a very odd thing

When Muslims gather it often gets ugly for anyone non-Muslim. There are likely many causes for that, but it is true never-the-less.

I have known many Muslims, many of them have been folks I considered friends.

It does however, never erase my memories during childhood. I twice lived in neighborhoods where the racial balance was changing as I grew. In both instances, I had 'friends' turn on me, as the racial mix changed. It is something I will never forget.

Tribalism is a terrible thing. THis is one of the many reasons I so passionately dislike what I perceive Obama and many that travel with him for, they do not believe in the melting pot, but rather the grand mosaic. They manipulate and divide. They either do not care about or find useful and the reward is worth the environmental costs of the divisions they perpetuate and feed.

It is foolish to ignore tribalism, and foolish not to be very careful about folks who may have an allegiance to a tribe. You can end up stabbed in the back.

It would be nice to have a society that believed in the same inalienable rights for all citizens and simply no latitude outside what exists for all. That is a tough society though, and we are anything but. It is not easy to live those beliefs. America right now wants easy, it has been deceived that giving up free will deliver easy.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Apple

Apple and Ninety Years Ago
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement