No. of Recommendations: 0
Set up a roll-over IRA with stockbroker. Then instruct the administator of the 401K plan to deposit the 401K
assets into the IRA roll-over account. This process
doesnot incur any tax liability. If you now want to set
up a Roth IRA you ask the broker to send you the forms
necessary to create the account. You will need to tell
him how much of the IRA you wish to send to the Roth as
this transaction is taxable at ordinary income rates in
in the year you make the transfer! You might want to
consider spreading this transfer over several years to
minimize the tax bite. Best of Luck,in 2000 - - Matthew
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.