Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: quietstone Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 48  
Subject: Re: New Quirk for Contests Date: 4/3/2009 6:59 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Several big changes should be made to the contests in addition to your suggestion. As it stands right now we have new leaders 17 times a day because the point swings are enormous from minute to minute. So the contests have little to do with specific picks and more to do with whoever happens to get lucky on the last day. That certainly doesn't inspire many investors to take part in the contests. 3 days ago I was ranked 301/302 in the contest...almost dead last. Yesterday I was ranked 2/302 at market close...second place.

It is difficult to view this as any measure of my investing skill when I can go from the bottom 1% to the top 1% in a day. To get far more interest in these contests a different scoring system should be used and until that happens I doubt we'll ever see enough players to warrant cash prizes.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement