Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: Hohum777 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3184  
Subject: SFL bond offering Date: 1/25/2013 9:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
SFL announced a bond offering of $250M. Then turned around, upsized the deal to $350M. Then,
my guess on "major shareholder" would be, Fredriksen trusts loaned out about $100M in shares
for a Deutsche Bank subsidiary to short the company.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/sfl-ship-finance-international...

It sorta reads like major shareholder is selling shares, but they aren't. At least,
not at the present time. I wonder if DB is playing the short side because they know
the Q4 div was accelerated, and paid out early. Thus, a dividend bounce is less likely, and the
lack of dividend might surprise some investors. I'm guessing the proceeds from the
bond offering go to retire most of the debt on the existing bond repayment.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

IBM: Is Buffett Wrong, or Brilliant?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement