UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: scaredbutdetermi Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 266183  
Subject: Share Purchasing Companies Date: 2/6/2013 6:34 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
What is the best Share Purchasing Company to join?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: CABob Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 260630 of 266183
Subject: Re: Share Purchasing Companies Date: 2/6/2013 10:37 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Do you mean a stock broker or something else?

Author: scaredbutdetermi Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 260665 of 266183
Subject: Re: Share Purchasing Companies Date: 2/8/2013 2:21 PM
CABob,
Not a stock broker. I have one already. I would like to buy and sell stocks myself, without a middle man. For most stocks, you have to go through E Trade or some other company that allows you to do that, from what I understand. I was just wondering what company is highly recommended, with no hidden fees.

Author: culcha Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 260668 of 266183
Subject: Re: Share Purchasing Companies Date: 2/9/2013 10:07 PM
I would like to buy and sell stocks myself, without a middle man. For most stocks, you have to go through E Trade or some other company that allows you to do that, from what I understand. I was just wondering what company is highly recommended, with no hidden fees.

Maybe these boards would be helpful then:
http://boards.fool.com/drip-investing-the-basics-100090.aspx...
http://boards.fool.com/drip-investing-companies-100089.aspx

In a DRIP, you can buy stock from a company (without going through a stockbroker) -- but you have to own at least one share in your own name already -- that is, not in "street name" (as is normally the case when you own shares in a brokerage account).

There are also Direct Purchase Plans that allow you to send money to the company and gain your first shares that way.

I believe that you still have to pay a commission when you sell these shares though. Sometimes there are other charges too. (Check out the boards above for accurate info.)

culcha

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement