Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMFThump Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Ticker Guide Home Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 18156  
Subject: Shareholder Love Date: 1/10/2013 8:42 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
duplicate post from SA:Ford
------------------------------

Nothing says shareholder lover like a nice bump to the dividend, and a very nice bump it is. Ford announced this morning it is doubling, you heard that right a 100% increase, in its dividend. The $0.10/share quarterly dividend represents a 3% yield at the current share price. Hopefully, that share price will be moving further north in today's trading.

http://www.at.ford.com/news/cn/Pages/Ford%20Doubles%20Quarte...

Doug
Print the post Back To Top
Author: BFatConservative One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17328 of 18156
Subject: Re: Shareholder Love Date: 1/10/2013 12:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Textbook turn around nearly complete. I really like the timing of the divi increase, as it appears to be rewarding shareholders for a complete company overhaul, not just one or two good earnings release. The path of F is on much more sure footing than it has ever been, and divi increase was not just riding a macroeconomic shift (although that helped too).

The vindication I'm receiving (internally) for riding through some hectic days over the last couple of years. Doubling down (greedy) when people were scared. Covered-calling all the way from $14 dollar a share nearly a year ago to $9. My F holding are up 45%, and I'm finally happy that I'm over-allocated F (according to RYR). Oh yeah, 3% DRIP will work into the overall return as well.

Congrats all.

MjH

Author: SkepikI One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17329 of 18156
Subject: Re: Shareholder Love Date: 1/10/2013 3:13 PM
Recommendations: 0
Nothing says good management like taking excellent care of customers and shareholders. I love spiffy pops...

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement