UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Barracuda Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 4031  
Subject: Sharing Internet Access with Broadband Mobile Date: 5/15/2008 3:43 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I recently got a Verizon broadband mobile card for my work laptop for when I'm not in the office. It works okay (not quite as fast as the T-1 line we use at work or the DSL I use at home, but still fast enough to leave dial-up far behind.

On some business trips -- or on some personal trips in which I am telecommuting, my wife comes with me, bringing her laptop as well. The question: is there a way to share the internet access through my broadband mobile card?

I have googled the subject and got a few answers, but without quite enough detail for me to actually make it work.

I would be happy with either a direct ethernet connection between the two computers or a wireless network setup (though I assume the latter will be more annoying to set up).

Does anyone have any suggestions? Or suggestions of places to read up on this?

For the record, the laptops involved are both Dells. One has XP, the other Windows 2000 (and I am not an administrator on that one -- so obviously any configuring we do has to be on the XP machine).

Thanks.

Barracuda
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement