Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (20) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: prometheuss Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 39758  
Subject: Sharks Fan Date: 7/29/2003 11:14 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Okay, here's my problem. I broke up with my girlfriend early last season and now I have two jersey's: home white and away teal. I'm gearing up for the next season and I have to figure out which one to wear to the Tank.

So the question is this: Which do you think would go better with a brown paper bag over my head?

Prometheuss
(Sharks Fan)
Print the post Back To Top
Author: CPAgentPreppie Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4515 of 39758
Subject: Re: Sharks Fan Date: 7/29/2003 11:18 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Why do you need to wear a paper bag on your head?

Agent

Author: prometheuss Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4516 of 39758
Subject: Re: Sharks Fan Date: 7/29/2003 11:32 AM
Recommendations: 1
Why do you need to wear a paper bag on your head?

Agent

Last season fell just bit short of expectations.

Author: CPAgentPreppie Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4517 of 39758
Subject: Re: Sharks Fan Date: 7/29/2003 11:49 AM
Last season fell just bit short of expectations.

You have nothing to talk about.

Agent - Canes fan

Author: hheuer Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4518 of 39758
Subject: Re: Sharks Fan Date: 7/29/2003 12:12 PM
Recommendations: 2

home white and away teal.

You do remember that the NHL is being totally iconoclastic and reversing that this season, right? White is now going to be for the road team, so that teams can wear their third jerseys at home more often.

Personally, I like the home white Sharks Jersey better for the brown paper bag look.

Hilary
whose team's playoffs didn't go as planned either

Author: prometheuss Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4519 of 39758
Subject: Re: Sharks Fan Date: 7/29/2003 12:25 PM
You do remember that the NHL is being totally iconoclastic and reversing that this season, right? White is now going to be for the road team, so that teams can wear their third jerseys at home more often.

Yes, and I really like the Sharks' third (black) jersey.

Personally, I like the home white Sharks Jersey better for the brown paper bag look.

So, I have no excuse to buy the Black one--yet.

Hilary
whose team's playoffs didn't go as planned either

Well, so far the Sharks are signing the players they have this year which beats that aspect of last year.

Prometheuss

Author: bikrdude Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4520 of 39758
Subject: Re: Sharks Fan Date: 7/29/2003 4:06 PM
>>Prometheuss (Sharks Fan)<<.......I don't think anyone here will hold THAT against you :-))...welcome...

Author: Apathy4All One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4521 of 39758
Subject: Re: Sharks Fan Date: 7/29/2003 4:22 PM
Geez!!! If I wore a paper bag over my head every time one of my teams didn't do well, I'd be to tired to fight my way out of them. Especially a Boston fan living in CA.
Only pleasure was rubbing the Patriots Super Bowl victory in Rams' fans faces. Of course, they counter with a conspiracy theory. Don't matter. We still won. He he he

Apathy4All

Author: prometheuss Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4522 of 39758
Subject: Re: Sharks Fan Date: 7/29/2003 4:26 PM
I don't think anyone here will hold THAT against you :-)) ...welcome...

Thanks.

Author: dsemmler Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4523 of 39758
Subject: Re: Sharks Fan Date: 7/29/2003 5:23 PM
Hey, you could be a Blackhawks fan! Ugh, sometimes I wonder why I torture myself!

dt

Author: prometheuss Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4524 of 39758
Subject: Re: Sharks Fan Date: 7/29/2003 5:37 PM
Hey, you could be a Blackhawks fan! Ugh, sometimes I wonder why I torture myself!

dt

I was born and raised in central IL ... I'm a recovered Blackhawks fan. If I could kick the Cubs and Bears habit then I'ld be clean and sober!

Regards,
Prometheuss

Author: dsemmler Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4525 of 39758
Subject: Re: Sharks Fan Date: 7/29/2003 5:46 PM
I was born and raised in central IL ... I'm a recovered Blackhawks fan. If I could kick the Cubs and Bears habit then I'ld be clean and sober!

I have the same bad habit with the Bears but I am a fan of the better team in Chicago baseball, the White Sox!

Whereabouts in central IL are you from? I went to school in Bloomington.

dt

Author: prometheuss Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4526 of 39758
Subject: Re: Sharks Fan Date: 7/29/2003 6:21 PM
I have the same bad habit with the Bears but I am a fan of the better team in Chicago baseball, the White Sox!

Whereabouts in central IL are you from? I went to school in Bloomington.

Decatur (and surrounding area). I graduated from MacArthur High School in '77 and joined the Army.

My older brother was the Cardinals fan and my younger brother got the White Sox because that was all that was left for him. I went to a night game at Wrigley earlier this year. It was my first ever night game there.

Regards,
Prometheuss

Author: dsemmler Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4528 of 39758
Subject: Re: Sharks Fan Date: 7/30/2003 12:00 AM
Decatur (and surrounding area).

Ahh yes, the armpit of America! Sorry, that is what we called it while razzing a few fellow students that were from Decatur. :)

dt

Author: RBMunkin Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4569 of 39758
Subject: Re: Sharks Fan Date: 8/3/2003 5:08 PM
OK, no matter how much hockey I watch I still have never heard what the hell the third jersey's are for. What's the deal? What is their point? Did they just get fashion conscious and tired of the other colors?

Author: RBMunkin Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4570 of 39758
Subject: Re: Sharks Fan Date: 8/3/2003 5:12 PM
Apathy4All!

Are you kidding? A Boston fan in California!? Me too! I thought I was alone here!
I have been a Boston Bruins fan starting in the Bobby Orr days but here I am in Calif unable to see them. I'm hoping to go to the Sharks game next year when the B's are there.

But I admit in other sports I'm a local fan - 49's, Giants, Kings.

What sucks about being a Bruin's fan is that the owner of the B's is a cheap SOB and won't spend enough to even make the Cup within sight. He spends just enough to keep people coming to the game to fill up his seats. He doesn't give a damn about winning, just money.

I hope he sells the B's some time soon to someone who is actually a hockey fan.

RBM

Author: dsemmler Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4574 of 39758
Subject: Re: Sharks Fan Date: 8/3/2003 6:29 PM
Recommendations: 2
OK, no matter how much hockey I watch I still have never heard what the hell the third jersey's are for.

The answer is: $$$$$$$

dt

Author: RBMunkin Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4575 of 39758
Subject: Re: Sharks Fan Date: 8/3/2003 7:57 PM
How do the teams make money off third jersey's? Did the jersey maker talk them into a third jersey???!!!

Author: hheuer Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4576 of 39758
Subject: Re: Sharks Fan Date: 8/3/2003 8:12 PM
Recommendations: 4

How do the teams make money off third jerseys?

Pretty simple, actually. Fans that buy one jersey will often buy more if they're *different*. So, home & away means selling 2 jerseys. Offering a third means that same fan might buy *3*. Or, if they thought the road jersey was ugly, they still might shell out for a third. It's just marketing. Think of all the accessories that teams sell. Keychains, replica jerseys, that sort of thing.

Hilary

Author: Apathy4All One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4577 of 39758
Subject: Re: Sharks Fan Date: 8/3/2003 11:51 PM
Hi RBM!!!

I agree about the SOB selling the Bruins, but as long as he can squeeze the money out of it, he won't bother. Very sad situation. Maybe if he has a heart attack, the next owner will at least be a hockey fan.

I'm a bit south of you. The Bruins will be at the Staple Center this year and Ticketmaster will let me know by email when tickets become available.
Being a Celtic's fan in Laker's territory is a challenge, but I've grown to like the Clippers if for anything, comedy relief.
Since the Darrel Stingley incident, I haven't forgiven the Raiders. Of course, winning that play-off game eased it some. I work with some Ram's fans. It's fun screwing with their minds. I mean, it was a conspiracy, wasn't it? LOL!
As far as the Bosox, there must be a real Curse of the Bambino. If I had to go for a National League team, I would have to pick the Dodgers. Only because everybody hear talks about them, so I pick up more information about them.

One of my managers is from Brockton. Also a die-hard Boston fan. Don't feel lonely. You do have friends on the west coast.

Apathy4All

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (20) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement