UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (306) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: aoeuid One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308484  
Subject: Re: Bankrupt or try to 'gut it out'? Date: 10/29/2012 10:49 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
She does the grocery shopping because I 'can't' do it. No energy. ADD (seriously, I take meds for it). ADDers get overwhelmed when faced with a bunch of choices.
Thus the need for a weekly menu and a shopping list, as someone suggested above. You don't have to make choices if it's planned all ahead of time.

And that's another "can't." What would you do if you were single? Starve in the streets? No. You would go shopping and make food like people have done since the beginning of time.

****When I was single I ate out about 3 times a week. Then throw a frozen pizza in the oven on others days.

I used to menu plan religiously, and shop with a list and ONLY buy what was on that list. I stopped being so careful earlier this year and my food costs went up by 50% (still within my budget, but still - up 50%). I'm back to shopping only with a list and costs are back down.

***AWESOME! I'm passing this tip onto my wife!

As for time and energy - I work 80+ hours a week, run my own business and I still find time to shop and cook.

****DIVERSITY! Don't judge me because I have less energy than you. We are not cloned robots.

Now, partly that's because I looooooooove cooking. But I do it. Even when I am working 100 hours a week - I do it. So, yes, anyone can do it. It takes a lot of planning (I cook a lot on weekends for the week these days, and I freeze stuff), but if you plan ahead for it you or she can fit it in.

****Thank you! Very good stuff (except for you expecting me to have your energy level!)
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (306) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Post of the Day:
TMFDeej's CAPS Blog

Name of the Game: Tax Avoidance
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement