UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: drebbin Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 137263  
Subject: Re: Huckabee on Dem Hypocrisy &Cognitive Dissona Date: 10/5/2012 10:46 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
She wrote that she works and pays taxes

iamski: Then she's not one of the 47%

Oh yes she is. As you recognize below.

she’s one of the 47 percent that Mitt Romney doesn’t care about.

iamski: No one said Romney doesn't care about the 47%, he said that they would not be particularly open to his tax cut message since they don't pay any anyway.

Well, the 0bama campaign and other left-wing dimwits/liars have, but I know what you mean. You are exactly right. But this woman hasn't "been convinced" of any such thing. She's a left-wing tool who was going to support 0bama. Romney said that since 47% of the people pay no federal income tax, his message of cutting spending and lowering the tax burden isn't going to appeal to them. I think he's wrong to that extent, because there probably are people among that 47% who are not economically illiterate, and still don't just support more spending and taxes on someone else. But the general point holds, for the most part, people who pay no income taxes don't see much personal incentive in lowering tax rates. Romney assumes they are all going to support 0bama (again, for the same reasons, this is a crude "all-or-nothing" shorthand that is wrong, but I get that he is generalizing). Romney isn't wasting his time/energy/money to appeal to people who have zero chance of voting for him. And this woman has zero chance of voting for him. Not because she just found out that gee, Romney doesn't care for her. But because she is simply a left-wing Democrat. Good for her. But that isn't Romney's fault.

0bama was wise not to waste the 47% attack in the debate, where Romney would have torched it for 67 million people to see. Much better to save it for his campaign speeches and ads where it can go unchecked, just like his other lies and deceptions like the mythical $5 trillion tax cut Romney is promising to everyone but nobody has any documentation of him actually doing so. I am sure that this will come up in the next debate, particularly since questions from the audience will be featured (after they are screened and selected by Democrat "moderators"). It would be shocking if Romney were not prepared for this. But 0bama should keep making hay out of it to the ignorant for as long as he can.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement