Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
Sheila O asks:

Can a Fool who is not earning wages (i. e. not employed) convert traditional IRA securities to Roth in subsequent years?

Yes, provided that person meets the modified adjusted gross income income limit of $100K or less for single or joint filers for doing so. Wage income is not required for a conversion of a traditional IRA to a Roth. For details, see our IRA Area at and IRS Publication 590 (Individual Retirement Arrangements) available for download at

Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.