Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 3
She's a ward of Washington State.

In California and MN, and I suspect the rest of the States, it takes a court order to make someone a ward of the State. If you know what County (assuming WA has Countys) she was last living in, this might also help. The District Attorney's office of the "County" might be able to give you some guidance.

I think I'd start by doing a Google search on missing people, or Wards of the State of Washington.

This is going to be an interesting puzzle. Please keep us informed as to your progress. There are many people on this board who are far more knowledgeable regarding family searches than I am, so I think you'll get some good ideas starting tomorrow/Monday.

Good luck
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.