Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
This is part of a E-Mail that I have sent to E-Bay.

"This site looks like just one big contact avoidance system I have had several sellers not perform E.G.: (not send the product or or have already sold it to someone else by the
end of the auction) and others be just inflammatory jerks hiding behind "net mail"
E-Mail addresses that untraceable. I have tried to contact E-Bay regarding these
issues and get no response. As to the sellers I'm buying several items from marine
suppliers who I will pay for their goods but I WILL NOT! send another check out to
these dishonest and manipulative sellers who 1) manipulate auction prices 2)
manipulate their feedback 3) sell dead product to get the S/H fees (S/H costs having to
be paid to purchase then return and then paid again for them to ship a replacement
product) 4) sellers who can't keep their books straight and cause cancellation fees on
checks 5) sellers who want only money orders so they can hide from taxes. 6) sellers
who can't even return mail to tell you how much shipping is.
If EBay can't respond to these items then I have no use for them and will advise
others as to that, and of the dangers of sending money to E-Bay sellers who won't
perform. I have doubts as to any response to this but I will advise my clients of this
letter and any response to it. I however will not buy any more stock in E-Bay and will
advise against any further investments..."

I have sold all of my E-Bay stock.
YR
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 4
"but I WILL NOT! send another check out to these dishonest and manipulative sellers who 1) manipulate auction prices 2) manipulate their feedback 3) sell dead product to get the S/H fees (S/H costs having to be paid to purchase then return and then paid again for them to ship a replacement product) 4) sellers who can't keep their books straight and cause cancellation fees on checks 5) sellers who want only money orders so they can hide from taxes. 6) sellers who can't even return mail to tell you how much shipping is."

yachtracer:
Apparently you have had some truly wretched luck with your Ebay transactions, and are understandably infuriated. However, your experience is clearly not typical; if it were, we would have to say that the system does not work, and obviously the system is working well for thousands and thousands of people. I am one of them. In close to 130 transactions as a buyer, - everything from 19th Century bronzes and carved furniture down to vintage postcards, I have only come across one deadbeat seller who made off with $22.00 for some old marbles and vanished. On the contrary, I have made the acquaintance of fascinating people all over the world. Correspondence with some truly like-minded aficionados has enriched my life immeasurably. I think that even if Ebay were to fail somewhere down the road, I would consider it the best investment I've ever made, in the truest sense of the word.

You know this thing we call the Internet, with all its myriad facets, is really only a baby. It's the most amazing and enormous child we've ever seen, and it has no real parents that we can look at to see what it might look like, or be like, when it grows up. All we really know is, it climbed out of the crib and doesn't even fit in the house, or the school, or the church. We haven't the faintest idea how to clothe or feed or educate this kid, and no one can begin to imagine what it might become. The very best we can do, is hope and pray that it somehow got good genes, and that integrity will win out, for the sake of its future.

-catfyre
No. of Recommendations: 0
yachtracer,

Let me add my 2 cents worth to catfyre's reply...

I agree that you have had some bad experiences, but I don't think they should be considered normal. I have bought items on 3 different occasions, and sold over 30 items, and have only had 1 problem - that with a high bidder who backed out.

Every completed transaction has been accompanied by quick, polite e-mail, correct payments, and quick and secure shipments. I believe that the vast majority of sellers/buyers are honest people out to have a successful auction.

BTW, a request for payment by Money Order is just as likely to be made for its safety (it won't bounce) as for some tax avoidance conspiracy.

ChutePilot
Advertisement