Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: nobody7 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 291  
Subject: Re: Future prospects? Date: 12/14/2005 9:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
....Shoot... i don't know .. Still pretty upset with these guys ...

Ya know ? .. I liked the Nic-vax idea for a long time .. Being a smoker i see a real value in it { plus the psychological value } ..

But they said they had great results with Staph-vax .. look where that ended up !

The funny thing is .. Nic-Vax doesn't really have to work to be a success ..

its the psycology of a "medical cure" that will be attractive ..and successful for smokers ..

{ From memory ..} .. i believe that Nabi stated in one of their trials that they got around 33% success rate with Nic-vax compared to a placebo group .. But when the placebo group got further support { group support ect .. } the placebo group actually did around 34% success rate ..

Smoking is chemical addiction to be sure ..nothing more ..nothing less .. but it is a very very mild one { Humm... That statement is bound to get some whoop-la }

Take a Heroin addict for example { or another if you wish } ..

When they go through withdrawls.. they actually can have convulsions, sweats , shakes .. any number of things

But smokers can sleep all night long without any problem ..

Some smokers will even go all day without having a cigarette.. Imagine .. all day long they are going through withdrawls and they don't even realize it ..

Sometimes smokers get so focused on work, {or what have you } that they even forget that they smoke .. till someone or something reminds them..

Then you have the reverse .. Most smokers have lit a cigarette .. and then tried to light another cigarette.. forgetting that the first cigarette is already in their mouth ..and they burn the back of their hand while trying to put the second cigarette in their mouth ... I've done this myself .. how exactly does this happen ? .. or why exactly ?

..or why the "chain smoker" ...
..or why do cigarettes " taste better " after meals ?

.. in any event .. i suspect Nabi will continue to have good results with Nic-vax weather it works or not ..

However .. unlike the nic-gum and nic-patches and nic-breath mints on the market { with which people quit smoking inspite of using these products ..not because they're using these products } ... I don't believe the Nic-vax is nicotine based .. so its a kind of a " true approach " .. not just something thats full of nicotine and you step down gradually ....

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Smuggling Rice and Garlic
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement