UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: BlueGrits Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 883714  
Subject: Shopping for Scripts Date: 1/18/2013 3:09 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I've been unsuccessful in find a site that does this, so does anyone here know of a website where you can enter the name of a drug and see where it can be bought for different prices? Maybe with the "add on" of being able to say you're with AARP, AAA, or some other group?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Hohum777 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870664 of 883714
Subject: Re: Shopping for Scripts Date: 1/18/2013 4:50 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Just do a Google search

Here's a couple of suggestions among several
www.goodrx.com
www.pharmacychecker.com (seems to have a Canadian focus)

Author: Retrograde Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870670 of 883714
Subject: Re: Shopping for Scripts Date: 1/18/2013 6:44 PM
Recommendations: 0
If you are looking at common long-term meds then Target, WalMart and other large retailers have their own generic programs (no insurance needed). Target has a list of meds on their website.

Author: BlueGrits Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870685 of 883714
Subject: Re: Shopping for Scripts Date: 1/18/2013 11:16 PM
Thank you, HoHum.

My search gave me such a wide variety of answers that it was hardly any use at all. The goodrx.com one you offered was perfect.

BG

Author: PolymerMom Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870687 of 883714
Subject: Re: Shopping for Scripts Date: 1/19/2013 12:03 AM
Those of us who have Rx med coverage can't just shop around. My current coverage limits the places where they'll cover the scripts. At the moment, it's either Walgreens or CVS.

Author: khintul Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870738 of 883714
Subject: Re: Shopping for Scripts Date: 1/21/2013 12:40 PM
Recommendations: 3
Those of us who have Rx med coverage can't just shop around. My current coverage limits the places where they'll cover the scripts. At the moment, it's either Walgreens or CVS.

It still is wise to shop around. I've recently had to start taking a drug that has a $90/month copay if I go through my insurance policy.

I was able to buy without going through insurance for $53 for a 90 day supply. Just because it's covered by your insurance policy formulary doesn't mean you must get it that way. (In my case, Costco had the lowest price, and you don't need to be a member to get your RX filled there)

Karon

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement