Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 81
I wasn't going to tell this, but after Big's story...

Since my mother has almost no sight left, I've started taking her to the grocery store for her weekly shopping trip. I've noticed she has a habit of dead-stopping in the middle of the aisle, grabbing a package and asking me what it is. Now this isn't a big problem, but last week we were walking through the pharmacy section when she stopped, grabbed a small package and asked be what it was and if she needed any.
"They're condoms, Mom, and if you think you need them, go for it."
It to ten minutes (and several people asking if we were all right) before either of us could get our breath back. It was good to hear her laughing again. They've been kind of few and far between lately.

Bob
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
but last week we were walking through the pharmacy section when she stopped, grabbed a small package and asked be what it was and if she needed any.
"They're condoms, Mom, and if you think you need them, go for it."

My grandfather and I were in a similar scene while he was waiting for a prescription. He idly picked up a box of condoms that were on the counter and looked at them. I, of course, being in my late teens was too mortified to speak.

Prof
Wonderful story. Which reminds me of one that my DD told me. OK, it's a joke. In fact, it's a blonde joke. I guess I should ask for permission to tell it since some may find it offensive. Nevermind.

bigpix
"some may find it offensive."

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The best kind.

If you feel you need permission
you are worrying too much.

Howie52
Who has been asking for forgiveness
for as long as he can remember.
Most folks say no way.
A few say maybe, if you learn to behave.
A select few
the guilty crew says
"Ceiurt -tan -lee!"
you are worrying too much.

Just don't want to bother any blondes. I've been known to do so now and then. In the past of course.

bigpix
No. of Recommendations: 2
Oh, this has Reader's Digest (and $500) written all over it!! Send it in, send it in!

CPAScott
(who doesn't rountinely read RD, but knows they like these kind of stories!)
<It to ten minutes (and several people asking if we were all right) before either of us could get our breath back. It was good to hear her laughing again. They've been kind of few and far between lately.>

Bob: It's great to have these lighthearted moments every once in a while to lighten the fact that a parent needs help. And by the way, you are a great son. My hat is off to you!!

Jo
I just told my Mom BigPix's Blonde joke. He practically killed her.
Also the Condom story, which she found amusing, but was a little too close to home, I think. ....Lee
No. of Recommendations: 1
Priceless

Phil
I guess I should ask for permission to tell it since some may find it offensive.

The wife (a blonde) and DIL1 (another blonde) love blonde jokes. If you haven't told it yet, e-mail me.
Advertisement