Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: davidac123 Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 847  
Subject: short SNE directly Date: 9/25/2012 9:33 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I shorted SNE directly 200 shares when the trade was recommended. I also bought 2 JAN 22 calls. I just got an assignment notice from scottrade. What am I supposed to do?

"Please be advised that you have been assigned on a short option position in your OptionsFirst account. Assignment requires you to either buy or sell the underlying security per the conditions of the option contract. This may significantly impact your cash and margin balances.

If the assigned position is a cash-settled index option (i.e., SPX, NDX, DJX, RUT), the difference between the strike price and the settlement price will be debited from your account per the conditions of the option contract.

Please note that if a Regulation-T margin call is generated due to this assignment, you are allowed to liquidate securities only today to meet this margin call. If you do not liquidate securities today, you will be required to send in additional funds to meet the margin call.

You have been assigned on the following option:

Position:

SNE Jan 13 5.00 Call / 100 shares per contract

Summary:

sold 200 shares of SNE

Account Number:

Customer Name:

David Cook

Account Type:

Margin

Option Symbol:

SNE

Fill Price:

$5.00

Confirm Type:

Assignment

Contract Quantity:

Shares per Contract:

Underlying:

SNE

Commission:

$17.00

Regulatory Fees:

$0.06

Net Proceeds:

$982.94

Settlement Date:

09/27/2012

Other Fees:

$0.00
"
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Cruncherfool Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 842 of 847
Subject: Re: short SNE directly Date: 10/1/2012 6:10 PM
Recommendations: 0
Hi davidac123 - I'm in the same situation. The shares were assigned to me but I'm not sure what the next steps are. Hopefully, you'll get a response soon.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement