Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: BLUE86 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 55  
Subject: Short Term Debt Date: 1/31/1999 8:41 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
NMR looks good except for the huge Short Term Debt balance of 225 million. This compares to total current assets of 225 million. Who knows something about this?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Lifer1 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12 of 55
Subject: Re: Short Term Debt Date: 2/1/1999 5:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
This is what's left of $300 million that Nielsen borrowed and then gave to IMS Health (RX) as part of the spin off deal. This left NMR with the debt, and hopefully the cash flow to pay it off. Despite the debt, NMR is in a great position as the only major player in TV ratings. In addition, they have an alliance with NetRatings to measure Internet usage. They said recently that they are on schedule for a next month launch of Nielsen NetRatings Internet measurement panel. This is a potential new revenue source for NMR.
P.S. I am long NMR.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement