UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Tvarish Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 265852  
Subject: Shorting Bonds Date: 11/13/2012 4:54 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Looking to establish a rolling, long-term short position on Treasuries. Any suggestions on the best way to do this, and/or hedge short positions?

Thanks!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: pauleckler Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 259631 of 265852
Subject: Re: Shorting Bonds Date: 11/13/2012 11:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Charlie over on the Bond and Fixed Incomes board is the expert. If anyone can answer your question, he is the one. Try posting there--

http://boards.fool.com/how-many-bonds-30376650.aspx

Author: trader2012 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 259638 of 265852
Subject: Re: Shorting Bonds Date: 11/14/2012 10:46 AM
Tvarish,

What size do you intend for your short position?

If just a couple of contracts, doing so is easy through a broker like IB. If sizable, that's beyond my expertise.

Charlie

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement