UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ep0001 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 175913  
Subject: Shoud represent the people Date: 1/11/2013 7:51 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
We won't be free of racism until this attitude is eliminated

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/01/10/melissa_ha...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ep0001 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 175015 of 175913
Subject: Re: Shoud represent the people Date: 1/11/2013 7:52 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/charlie-rangel-hits-ob...

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 175016 of 175913
Subject: Re: Shoud represent the people Date: 1/11/2013 8:46 AM
Whose?

MHP's is fine.

Ken

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 175017 of 175913
Subject: Re: Shoud represent the people Date: 1/11/2013 8:49 AM
Recommendations: 1
Tempest in a teapot.

Among others: Sonia Sotomayor, Elena Kagan

Ken

Author: ep0001 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 175018 of 175913
Subject: Re: Shoud represent the people Date: 1/11/2013 9:01 AM
Tempest in a teapot.

Among others: Sonia Sotomayor, Elena Kagan

My point is they should be representing the U.S. Constitution and all U.S. Citizena, not just hispanics, women, etc.

What is BMP?

Author: ep0001 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 175019 of 175913
Subject: Re: Shoud represent the people Date: 1/11/2013 9:02 AM
Oops, meanr MHP

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 175020 of 175913
Subject: Re: Shoud represent the people Date: 1/11/2013 9:50 AM
MHP - Melissa Harris Perry

Ken

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 175021 of 175913
Subject: Re: Shoud represent the people Date: 1/11/2013 9:51 AM
"My point is they should be representing the U.S. Constitution and all U.S. Citizena, not just hispanics, women, etc"

How have "they" not?

Ken

Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 175022 of 175913
Subject: Re: Shoud represent the people Date: 1/11/2013 9:56 AM
<<
My point is they should be representing the U.S. Constitution and all U.S. Citizena, not just hispanics, women, etc.

What is BMP?

>>

I will believe that when the majority are not old white men!

Author: ep0001 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 175023 of 175913
Subject: Re: Shoud represent the people Date: 1/11/2013 11:12 AM
How have "they" not?t

IMHO, by not following the constitution, but that is another discussion.

The problem that I was trying to address is this concept that a black should represent black people, a woman should represent women, etc

Author: Howie52 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 175024 of 175913
Subject: Re: Shoud represent the people Date: 1/11/2013 10:23 PM
Dividing folks into groups tends to be a very good way of
maintaining a small group in power.
Also, tends to cause folks to focus on less important things.

Howie52

Author: bmillz Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 175051 of 175913
Subject: Re: Shoud represent the people Date: 1/27/2013 1:16 AM
The problem that I was trying to address is this concept that a black should represent black people, a woman should represent women, etc </i?

My take from the article was that the author would agree with you. I think her point wasn't that their needed to be black people to represent black people but rather that someone should be representing the interests of black people (whether or not they are black).

Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 175052 of 175913
Subject: Re: Shoud represent the people Date: 1/27/2013 9:53 AM
The problem that I was trying to address is this concept that a black should represent black people, a woman should represent women, etc

I think not that black can only represent blacks nor that woman can only represent women nor that old white men only represents old white men.

The problem is that a group of old white men likely will not have the input of women nor black nor hispanics that a more diverse group of representatives would have... for me this is more crucial in the court system where people remain in office for 20 or 30 years or more .... We need diverse judges and diverse representatives...

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement