Looking for suggestions. Though it can be confusing to hear lots of opinions before moving forward, that's what we want. There is a house that we really like. It needs some important work, but nothing huge. We know there are gutters to replace, a few windows and some surrounding wood to replace. We haven't had the house inspected yet, but we're assuming for now that the results of that will be fine. The house has been on the market for over 6 months. It's currently listed at $335K having dropped from $355. Our offer of $285 was rejected then we upped the offer to $300. This second offer was countered with $325.In this market, is it realistic to think that we can get this house? What should we do next? Increase the offer or just say we can't and see what happens? We can afford to pay more than our current offer, but we don't really want to do that unless we really have to.The home owners have indicated that they'd like to close and do so in Decmeber. Does that mean that we should hold where we are? We haven't heard of any other offers, but there could always be one.What sage (or other) advice do people have to share?
Best Of |
Favorites & Replies |
Start a New Board |
My Fool |
BATS data provided in real-time. NYSE, NASDAQ and NYSEMKT data delayed 15 minutes.
Real-Time prices provided by BATS. Market data provided by Interactive Data.
Company fundamental data provided by Morningstar. Earnings Estimates, Analyst Rat