UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Colovion Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 756526  
Subject: Should I part the Red Sea too? Date: 5/16/2013 11:22 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
Just got an e-mail from Housing asking me to immediatly impound all the bikes around the largest residence hall on campus so they can put up a construction fence. LOL! First off those bikes aren't even tagged, after they're tagged they get at least 48 hours to move them and even that's a moot point because I'm still impounding bikes I tagged in 2010! Not to mention that we have basically no room to store bikes at the moment, let alone those we're going to have to hold for 30 days by law (which would take away 1/3rd of the time I have to chip into the 600 bike tag backlog I currently am trying to deal with)!

Every person in that hall should have been e-mailed to let them know to move their bikes WEEKS ago (because they're all GONE FOR THE SUMMER NOW!), signs should have been posted and I should have been informed so I could tag every single bike THEN, not NOW. In fact I can't even tag them now, I'm stuck in the office this week! Our clerk is on vacation so I'm covering her job AND my boss is in court today (all day) and doens't work tomorrow... I can't leave the office! I'm the ENTIRE UNIT right now! Monday is not going to work either, I have to prep for the weekly crime meeting on Tuesday, and Tuesday is out because by the time I'm done with the meeting I don't have a lot of time left to do bikes (which takes HOURS).

Apparently I have to go back in time, teleport bikes across campus and put them into a storage area in some other dimension. No problem! Any dead people anyone wants raised while I'm at it?

LOL! Yeah, none of that is going to happen. Those bikes aren't going anywhere. Sorry (not really, I can't fix problems I wasn't informed of weeks after the fact!)
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: tgrmn Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 682137 of 756526
Subject: Re: Should I part the Red Sea too? Date: 5/16/2013 11:33 AM
Recommendations: 0
YOU Vil Comply Wit Supreme "Housing" Clerk's delegated Directive!!!

Or Else!!!

Author: Colovion Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 682142 of 756526
Subject: Re: Should I part the Red Sea too? Date: 5/16/2013 11:40 AM
YOU Vil Comply Wit Supreme "Housing" Clerk's delegated Directive!!!

Or Else!!!

They can go pound sand. I'll maybe get out there to tag the bikes, but no way in hell I'll be able to impound them. In fact a very similar thing happened last year (with a different hall, the U is renovating them one at a time, taking each one offline for a year to do it). In that case I DID know about it well beforehand, everyone was e-mailed, I did tag every single bike around the building, etc. But I couldn't impound those bikes. I impounded every single one I had previously tagged (before the 86 I tagged to get the owners to move them before the fence went up) but once the fence goes up the property technically belongs to the construction company. I can't take the bikes then, I'd be stealing them as they're techinically outside our jurisdiction at that point. We got calls from students whining about their bikes being stuck inside. Hey, maybe you should have paid attention to the e-mails, the posters and the tag on your bike saying "MOVE IT NOW!" eh?

But in this case? I can't do a damn thing. It's just impossible.

Author: Radish Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 682244 of 756526
Subject: Re: Should I part the Red Sea too? Date: 5/17/2013 2:35 AM
Colovion,

Perhaps begin by parting the Red Tape Sea?

Phil

Author: rinjr715 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 682249 of 756526
Subject: Re: Should I part the Red Sea too? Date: 5/17/2013 4:49 AM
Sounds like they have a bunch of richard craniums running the show up there.

Author: Colovion Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 682257 of 756526
Subject: Re: Should I part the Red Sea too? Date: 5/17/2013 7:24 AM
Yeah. I asked the guy how many bikes we're talking about, he said five. Hey, I can deal with five! Not great, but doable. So he had one of the housing security officers tag them. The officer tagged 20. That's a hell of a lot more than five bikes! That would fill up our storage area for 30 days! Uh, no.

Author: justacog Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 682272 of 756526
Subject: Re: Should I part the Red Sea too? Date: 5/17/2013 9:32 AM
Sounds like it is time for a letter to the editor of the local newspaper naming names, copy the mayor, local attorneys, etc. Then photocopy it and and distribute across all the windshields in their parking lot. Nothing makes the cockroaches think twice like shining a bright light on them.

justacog

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement