Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: mkkalb One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 55905  
Subject: Shrimp Pesto Stir-Fry Date: 10/2/1999 4:13 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
This is adapted from the Sunset Stir-Fry Cookbook.
It supposedly serves two, but I've found keeping the shrimp amount the same, and just slightly upping all the vegetables easily stretches this into a dish for four... My apologies if the pesto sauce is not 'authentic'-- I don't know enough about it-- but it satisfies my garlic cravings. :-)

3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 carrot, cut into 1/4 inch slices
1 small onion cut into 1-inch squares
1 small zucchini, 1/4 slices
8-10 sm. mushrooms, thinly sliced
1/2 ea. small red and green peppers, seeded and sliced lengthwise
3/4 medium raw shrimp, shelled and deveined

Pesto Sauce: combine in a bowl and keep aside:
2 tablespoons oilive oil
1 tablespoon dry white wine
1 tablespoon grated parmesan
1 1/2 teaspoons each dry basil and parsley flakes
Crushed garlic to taste (I start with 2 tsp. and take it from there)

Melt one tbsp. butter in frying pan or wok over high heat. Stir-fry carrot and onions for two minutes. Add another tbsp. butter and remaining vegetables. Stir-fry two more minutes and remove vegetables to a bowl.

Add last tbsp. butter. When melted, stir in pesto sauce and shrimp. Stir-fry 2-4 minutes, until shrimp is pink and cooked through. (Avoid the urge to add one more tbsp. of butter-- things will 'loosen up' again once the vegetables are added back in!) Return veggies to wok and stir until all are coated with sauce.

Serve with rice or garlic bread.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Clorox Isn't Cleaning Up
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement