UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Blackduff Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1483  
Subject: Re: Social Security offset Date: 1/25/2004 4:55 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Sierra
I think that there are two different questions. From what I think, you can work, without being paid for the $1-$2 business, if you are past the 65 years and +++. In fact, I was that if you past 65 years, you weren't penalized for working.

It never made much sense giving a break when a person is already past his prime. From 62 to 65 you have to pay this penalty but when you past the 65 year limit, you could work without losing the percentage.

So, this should be treated for before the 65 penalty and what happens if you're over the 65.

I don't have the answer. I looked around TMF trying to find a Social Security board but didn't find anything either. Maybe someone else will come back with more answers.

Blackduff

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement