No. of Recommendations: 2
Sigh.

Here we go. First off, you talked to a collector. Now I want you to repeat that performance. I want you to count today as Day #1. Within 30 days of you asking for a written bill from the creditor, they must comply with this. Now you have the bill in hand. Stay the hell away from CCC. Get rid of them and you handle your own bills.

Now a week or so has gone by and we are into August. Stay with me. You write one letter to the ORIGINAL provider of the service and you work out a payment plan with the provider. You work out what you can afford and put that in a letter to the original provider. You tell them that you are under serious financial & medical constraints and you wish to get this solved in a timely manner.

Next step is writing to the bill collector and saying that there will be no more contact since they have complied with their obligations. You tell them in no uncertain terms they are NOT to contact you via carrier pigeons, faxes, phone calls, smoke signals, postcards, or any other form of communication. Let them know you will only accept "service" and the sheriff better show up. Of course, you send this certified.Get rid of that phone number tomorrow and get a new one that is unlisted. Stop giving out your phone number! On the lawyer issue, you never get a lawyer until the sheriff drops off the paperwork. Even at that unlikely circumstance, you will still look good to the judge if you have complied with a paperwork plan. There are ways to slow the courts down also. How much is this bill for? Now keep your plan up with the provider, unload the creditors and those CCC jokers and that is one problem solved.

Now, let me go yell at these %$^&& trailer park kids. Why MUST they yell outside my door?

wild :)
Print the post  

Announcements

UGC Disclosure Notice Regarding Credit Card Posts
Community board discussions about credit cards are not provided or commissioned by banks who may have advertising relationships with The Motley Fool. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement