UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: trlblzrs05 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 366  
Subject: Silent Hill Date: 4/19/2006 11:56 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Does anyone think this movie will be scary. I just saw the commerical on TV and it looks disgusting, but in a good way. It kind of reminds me of the previews for that movie the Cell with J-Lo, which scared the crap out of me when i saw it at the theater.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Marxtacy Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 349 of 366
Subject: Re: Silent Hill Date: 4/20/2006 10:22 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
I loved the Silent Hill games for the Playstation. "Creepy" is not enough to describe the experience. It sounds silly, but the game was actually disturbing. It isn't just shock, either. It is an emotional experience. The creators pulled off a distinct and unique feel.

From the previews, it looks like the filmmakers might have captured the essence of the game. If they have, it has a shot at being pretty good. The source material has plenty of material that they should be able to stay clear of standard horror film cliches. It'll be interesting to see how many punches they have to pull. I can't imagine them having the leading actress beat a flesh-hungry zombie infant with a pipe.

My wife watched me play the games because she likes the puzzle-solving, but her nerves couldn't handle the rest of the game. It freaked her out so much that she doesn't want to see the movie. I'm curious to see it just because I liked the game.

Marxtacy

Author: Marxtacy Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 350 of 366
Subject: Re: Silent Hill Date: 4/22/2006 11:11 PM
Looks like the critics are panning it for poor acting and a convoluted 2nd half. Honestly, it sounds a lot like the game, and all of the fans of the game are raving at how well the atmosphere of the game was re-created. Throughout most of the game one has no idea what is going on....I suppose that would be difficult to watch. But, when you play the game at least you get to do something.

Author: trlblzrs05 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 353 of 366
Subject: Re: Silent Hill Date: 4/24/2006 4:37 PM
i saw it and thought it was good. I also saw thank you for smoking, which was hilarious. I dont know if any movie will be funnier, though Nacho Libre with Jack Black looks funny from the itunes podcasts i've seen.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement