UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: lukedds Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76079  
Subject: Simple and Roth IRA, compatible? Date: 8/20/1999 5:49 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I am in the process of setting up a Simple IRA for my corp. Can I still deposit money into my Roth IRA account along side my Simple IRA deposits? A secondary question would be, if you are in the 31% tax bracket would you want the $2,000 to go into the Roth or just take the short term gain of deductibility of the Simple? TIA
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13316 of 76079
Subject: Re: Simple and Roth IRA, compatible? Date: 8/21/1999 9:34 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Greetings, Lukedds, and welcome. You asked:

<<I am in the process of setting up a Simple IRA for my corp. Can I still deposit money into my Roth IRA account along side my Simple IRA deposits?>>

Yes, you may. Your participation in the SIMPLE has no impact on your ability to contribute to a Roth IRA. The only hurdle you have to overcome is the adjusted gross income limit for making that contribution. If your AGI is l$150K or less as a joint filer ($95K or less for a single filer), then you may make a full contribution to a Roth IRA.

A secondary question would be, if you are in the 31% tax bracket would you want the $2,000 to go into the Roth or just take the short term gain of deductibility of the Simple?

I would make a maximum contribution to the SIMPLE and a Roth IRA contribution to get the maximum tax break today plus tax-free distributions from the Roth later.

Regards..Pixy

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement