Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Good Day,
I've started my own S-Corp, with myself and my wife as the only employees. I also have the materials to set up a SIMPLE IRA with AmeriTrade. The questions I have is whether I need to make the contributions to the SIMPLE IRA on a monthly basis, or if it is 'legal'(with the IRS) to make a lump sum contribution at the end(or start) of the year?

The reason I ask is that right now we would like to use the money to pay down CC debt, and then focus on getting the IRA cash together later in the year.

thanx for anybody's help

tjl out
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.