UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: idblake Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75592  
Subject: Simple IRA and Funds Date: 1/15/2001 10:05 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
My wife and I are starting our first IRA (offered by my wife's employer). It is a Simple IRA and our first retirement-only investment. My questions are 1) what is the difference between Class A, B, C, and Y funds and 2) does anybody know anything about New England Funds (www.nvestfunds.com). This is fund company we are able to build our IRA out of.

Thanks a lot.

idblake
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFExRO Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27215 of 75592
Subject: Re: Simple IRA and Funds Date: 1/15/2001 10:15 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
My wife and I are starting our first IRA (offered by my wife's employer). It is a Simple IRA and our first retirement-only investment. My questions are 1) what is the difference between Class A, B, C, and Y funds and 2) does anybody know anything about New England Funds (www.nvestfunds.com). This is fund company we are able to build our IRA out of.

I can't answer your fund questions, but I do want to point out that the employee can move the SIMPLE contributions to another SIMPLE custodian if he's not happy with the investment choices. See IRS Publication 590.

TMF ExRO
Phil Marti

Author: peppermintpatty Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27216 of 75592
Subject: Re: Simple IRA and Funds Date: 1/15/2001 10:16 PM
idblake -

Great to start saving for retirement! SIMPLE IRA plans are pretty good vehicles to use...

For a full description of fund share classes, read the prospectus, and ask the representative! He/she should answer all your questions in full.

Have you visited the Nvest website? There are some interesting fund choices there, particularly if you an aggressive investor. Research the website & ask for material.

Good luck & profitable investing, PP

Author: idblake Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27217 of 75592
Subject: Re: Simple IRA and Funds Date: 1/15/2001 10:19 PM
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is meant by "move the SIMPLE contributions to another SIMPLE custodian" and where can I find the IRS Publication 590?
Thanks.

idblake

Author: TMFExRO Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27223 of 75592
Subject: Re: Simple IRA and Funds Date: 1/16/2001 6:50 AM
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is meant by "move the SIMPLE contributions to another SIMPLE custodian" and where can I find the IRS Publication 590?

The process is called a "rollover," and you'll find it explained in the SIMPLE chapter of Pub 590. You can also find general information about rollovers in the Retirement area of the Fool homepage.

TMF ExRO
Phil Marti

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement