No. of Recommendations: 0

BACKGROUND
I am very new to the investment game and to taking control of my financial future. I am 30 years old and partners in a small consulting business with three employees. I am completely free of debt (no credit card, loans, auto, etc. )We just (April '98) opened a Simple-IRA that allows us to put a max of $6,000 in yearly with a match of 3% from the company. I am looking to invest an additional $6,000 this year.

My question?

I would hate to invest ALL of this $6,000 in a taxable account if I do not have to. Any suggestions? Can I invest $2,000 in A ROTH?

I am currently seeking a house or condo to purchase within the next 4-6 because I am renting at $800 /mo and this is not foolish!
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings, Mpeneski, and welcome. You wrote:

<<I am very new to the investment game and to taking control of my financial future. I am 30 years old and partners in a small consulting business with three employees. I am completely free of debt (no credit card, loans, auto, etc. )We just (April '98) opened a Simple-IRA that allows us to put a max of $6,000 in yearly with a match of 3% from the company. I am looking to invest an additional $6,000 this year.

My question?

I would hate to invest ALL of this $6,000 in a taxable account if I do not have to. Any suggestions? Can I invest $2,000 in A ROTH?>>

I just answered that in the post immediately preceding this one. The answer is: Yes, you may provided you otherwise meet the Adjusted Gross Income limits. Your participation in the SIMPLE will not affect your ability to contribute to a nondeductible IRA (Roth or traditional). It only affects your ability to deduct contributions to a traditional IRA. In your case you may contribute the full $6K to the SIMPLE and another $2K to the Roth should you so desire.

Regards….Pixy
Print the post Back To Top
Advertisement