UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: tracyleg Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76404  
Subject: SIMPLE S.E.P. Plans Date: 12/10/1998 3:32 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Do any low-priced brokerage firms administer SIMPLE SEP's? Now, Merrill-Lynch administers mine. Their transaction fees are HIGH. I need to get my account transferred to a cheaper broker. Thankyou so much Tracy
Print the post Back To Top
Author: MattCulbreth Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7167 of 76404
Subject: Re: SIMPLE S.E.P. Plans Date: 12/10/1998 3:59 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
I know that Fidelity and Waterhouse do it. I'm sure
others do as well.

Matt

Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7171 of 76404
Subject: Re: SIMPLE S.E.P. Plans Date: 12/10/1998 5:09 PM
Greetings, Tracy, and welcome. You asked:

<<Do any low-priced brokerage firms administer SIMPLE SEP's? Now, Merrill-Lynch administers mine. Their transaction fees are HIGH. I need to get my account transferred to a cheaper broker.>>

I think you're confused. There is no such animal as a "SIMPLE SEP." There is a SIMPLE and there is a SEP, but they can't exist in combination with one another. To read a description of both, see my Foolish Retirement Plan Primer available at http://www.fool.com/retirement .

There are many brokers who will administer either type of plan. Your best bet is to first determine what kind of plan you have set up for yourself, and then call around to various brokers to see what they would charge to administer it.

Regards….Pixy

Author: dswartz Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7183 of 76404
Subject: Re: SIMPLE S.E.P. Plans Date: 12/11/1998 12:01 AM
I have a SEP at waterhouse. No annual fee.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement