Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Raggmopp Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 86587  
Subject: Since We've Got The Place To Ourselves Date: 4/30/2012 3:46 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'm declaring it "open mike" night. Whatcha got on yer mind?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: reallyalldone Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 86127 of 86587
Subject: Re: Since We've Got The Place To Ourselves Date: 4/30/2012 4:52 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
An oldy but goody - has time passed to back up the truck for anything ?

Trailing stops still a good idea ?

Author: Raggmopp Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 86128 of 86587
Subject: Re: Since We've Got The Place To Ourselves Date: 4/30/2012 7:43 PM
An oldy but goody - has time passed to back up the truck for anything ?

Trailing stops still a good idea ?
===*===

Oh yeah, AAPL. Y'all know I've not drunk the Kool-Aid of the buy and hold crowd but this is a gift from the stock gods. Ten shares at 600 becomes 10 shares at 700 in a year or less. You do the math.

Trailing stops an EXCELLENT idea. Real world example, my stop on AAPL took me out at 610 and allowed me to buy back lower. I'm buying back at these levels enthusiastically.

Author: reallyalldone Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 86131 of 86587
Subject: Re: Since We've Got The Place To Ourselves Date: 5/1/2012 10:12 AM
Thanks for the reaffirmation of advice you gave me years ago ;)

AAPL is one of my faves and at one point I thought I had missed the boat(when in hindsight I thought I should have bought when one of my kids explained the first iPod to me). Another is CMG, a local company. Have you looked at UA - one started in your neck of the woods ?

My current challenge is remembering what portfolio I am dealing with so I don't do short term stuff in the taxable one.

Author: Raggmopp Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 86132 of 86587
Subject: Re: Since We've Got The Place To Ourselves Date: 5/1/2012 12:26 PM
Recommendations: 1
My current challenge is remembering what portfolio I am dealing with so I don't do short term stuff in the taxable one.
===*===

I just pay the taxes, it gives my accountant something to do in the off season.

Author: sunrayman Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 86133 of 86587
Subject: Re: Since We've Got The Place To Ourselves Date: 5/4/2012 11:43 PM
I just pay the taxes, it gives my accountant something to do in the off season.

+++
+++

NOBODY ever went broke paying taxes!

sunray
a man who doesn't go broke every year

Author: utahtea Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 86135 of 86587
Subject: Re: Since We've Got The Place To Ourselves Date: 5/18/2012 5:01 AM
Recommendations: 1
Geeze...I go to Hawaii for three weeks and everyone comes out of the woodwork. There were 40 new posts!

Utahtea

Author: joycets Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 86142 of 86587
Subject: Re: Since We've Got The Place To Ourselves Date: 7/16/2012 12:23 AM
Howdy everyone, come see my rainbow on facebook.

joycets

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement