Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Since you live in TX you'll use the sales tax deduction on Schedule A for 2006. I'm not sure whether that deduction has been extended through 2007 or not, but if it has, in 2007 you'll need to choose whether you'll deduct state and local income tax, IOW what you pay NC, or sales tax. You can't do both.

Good point. I don't recall if the sales tax deduction is being extended either, but I'm sure the NC taxes are going to be greater.


~ Stillwell
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.