UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ephillipsme Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 267051  
Subject: Sitting on the sidelines for the fiscal cliff Date: 10/10/2012 11:45 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I am a regular investor, I am always looking at stocks and usually make 3-4 purchases a year based on my research. I am in no rush and usually make a purchase when i find a good value stock at a reasonable price. I am currently tracking a couple and was thinking even though there appears to be a good opportunity I may wait a while until the coming fiscal cliff gets settled. This appears to be a fairly big unknown then can swing us back into a recession if not handled correctly, Am i wrong to hold on a opportunity now knowing a fairly important event is about to occur, are others in a similar situation, just wondering how this is effecting decisions,

As a side note I am not altering the amount I put away into 401k, Roth IRA, and savings, as regular investment and dollar cost average makes sense even in the face of this possible change.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: pauleckler Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 259461 of 267051
Subject: Re: Sitting on the sidelines for the fiscal clif Date: 10/10/2012 2:57 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
These are uncertain times, and not even the experts know what Congress is likely to do or even who will be in control.

It is certainly OK to follow your instincts. If you are right, you will make money; if you are wrong, you could have to take risks to catch up. But that is the nature of investing.

Good hunting.

Author: ephillipsme Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 259467 of 267051
Subject: Re: Sitting on the sidelines for the fiscal clif Date: 10/10/2012 6:57 PM
Thanks, I guess I still am not sure whether to wait, but if there is a good opportunity today it won't hurt with hen watching it a little longer

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement