UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (33) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: Donna405 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 59093  
Subject: Re: intercst a Homeowner Date: 10/15/2012 9:25 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
skyesix: <<The fees pay for maintenance of all the common areas, which usually includes the building exteriors.

You're fears are real in that your fate becomes connected to the condo association board, which is often composed of power mad and irrational people. >>

For condos, the HOA fees pay insurance on the building, but not on the interior, for some it includes water and cable service, and as skyesix stated, the maintenance of all the common areas (walkways, roads, greenways, exterior of the buildings, roofs, etc.).

Skyesix, I highly resent your statement regarding "...often composed of power made and irrational people." I have been the president of our 120-unit condo complex since 1992. Believe you me, it is a LOT of work. I am neither irrational nor power mad. However, it is the Board's job to ascertain that the Master Deed and By-Laws are adhered to, as well as the Rules and Regulations of the complex. As a note, the Rules and Regulations were voted on by all the homeowners, as are any Amendments to the Master Deed and By-Laws. In addition, the Board is responsible for ascertaining that the homeowners' money (regime fees) is spent wisely.

In our situation, we have several rental units. One owner of some of the units (14 units) has defaulted, and we have him under foreclosure. So far, he owes over $80K. However, due to the Board's frugality, we have been able to weather this.

Donna
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (33) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Mylan Transitioning from Generics
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement