UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMBFAverageJoe Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 189506  
Subject: Slightly OT Date: 11/13/2012 1:13 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 7
A married woman exchanges 'flirtatious" emails with a top US general for several years, and then complains to the FBI that someone else if sending her threatening emails. Doesn't she realize that she'd just opened up her entire email history for scrutiny? How dumb can she be?

~aj
Print the post Back To Top
Author: wecoguy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 182531 of 189506
Subject: Re: Slightly OT Date: 11/13/2012 1:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
The naivety of end users is amazing, at all levels...

If it's on the web, email, Facebook, Twitter, any of them it's all public in one way or anther, or can be dug into by the real gurus...

Don't want it public, don't write, type, email, etc...

Encryption likely attracts even more interest/scrutiny...

Author: LonghornBoy Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 182532 of 189506
Subject: Re: Slightly OT Date: 11/13/2012 6:18 PM
Recommendations: 4
Al Qaeda has been working hard for over a decade to topple the American military. They're probably kicking themselves right now on the realization that all it takes is a cute woman and an email account...

Author: maniladad Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 182533 of 189506
Subject: Re: Slightly OT Date: 11/13/2012 11:54 PM
Recommendations: 5
Follow up reports suggest that the 'flirtaceous' emails may have been from the general's spouse, not from him personally. This may be another example of the media's penchant on focusing on one subject, however inappropriately, until their short attention span is directed elsewhere. For example, you may have noticed that following a major plane crash we are bombarded with reports of minor aviation incidents that happen regularly but are normally never reported. Most likely, by the time the facts are sorted out they will be covering the next fad and we will never know the truth. As in all things, it's wise to refrain from making conclusions until all of the facts are in.
Besides that, this is about as significant as a celebrity news item: Who cares?
And, since this is an investment arena, might be appropriate to cite a comment from some wise investor whose name I've forgotten, "Investing based on information gained from a newspaper is like trying to tell the time by looking at the second hand on your watch."
D

Author: brucedoe Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 182534 of 189506
Subject: Re: Slightly OT Date: 11/14/2012 11:37 AM
Recommendations: 0
Joe

For a fairly complete account of L'Affaire Petraeus, see the article on my blog Reunite Gondwanaland: http://stopcontinentaldrift.blogspot.com/2012/11/laffaire-pe...

But the short answer to your question is Yes, but only after she started things.

brucedoe

Author: geocarw Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 182540 of 189506
Subject: Re: Slightly OT Date: 11/14/2012 8:29 PM
Recommendations: 0
And, since this is an investment arena, might be appropriate to cite a comment from some wise investor whose name I've forgotten . . .

So have Google, Yahoo, Bing, DuckDuckGo and StartPage search engines.

George

Author: Hubris Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 182557 of 189506
Subject: Re: Slightly OT Date: 11/16/2012 12:28 PM
Recommendations: 1
Nice summary, but new info is out on Agent Humphries. Here's a link to that shirtless photo:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/shirtless-fbi-agent...

Seems to me the media, in its desire to emphasize the salacious aspects in order to draw viewers, is really trashing this guy's reputation unfairly.

Cheers,
Hubris

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement