Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
SloanT writes:

Any investment, improperly managed, can turn into a nightmare.

I agree entirely. All I did was state an opinion that a strategy which relies on a high allocation to only large cap stocks and accompanied by only U.S. bonds does not provide much diversification and will likely lead to a level of volatility which will be unsettling and detrimental to the average investors attempting to live solely off there investments. I don't think I said large cap stocks or U.S. bonds are bad did I? After all, I own them both. I am not alone in my opinions regarding their proper management however. Gillette Edmunds, Author of "How to Retire Early and Live Well" advise putting no more than one-third of your retirement in U.S. stocks" He doesn't think stocks are bad either, but he does believe in diversification into several noncorrelated asset classes.

Regards,
FMO

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement